v2.0a11 - Jan 10, 2008
2.0.1 TODO list
- Finish Darkness race
- Think up ideas for Soulless Towers or a replacement for such tower.
- Finish Magic race
- Add Aura Tower with abilities Attack Speed Aura, Damage Aura, Armor Aura, Multicast Aura, and Experience Aura.
- Add Alchemy Tower with abilities Create Recipe, Analyze Item, Convert Item, and Research.
- Add Thaumaturgy Tower with abilities Transmute Item, Transmute Enemy, and Transmute Tower.
- Add Conjuration Tower with abilities Conjure Nightmare, Earthquake, Mana Vortex, and Earth Elemental.
- Add Rune Tower with abilities Rune of Binding, Rune of Destruction, Rune of Power, and Create Rune.
- Add Mystic Tower with abilities Abolish Magic, Crushing Wave, Cripple, and Death Coil.
- Think up more interesting ways to express Mystic Tower abilities while keeping the mechanics similar.
- Add Soothsayer Tower with abilities Mass Hex, and two unnamed single target damage nukes.
- Add Sage Tower with abilities Bludgeon, Devour magic, and Root.
- Add Magus tower with abilities Zombify, Carrion Swarm, and Drain Life.
- Touch up balance issues of Darkness Race.
- Attempt to do phase 1 of balancing Magic Towers.
- Added Conjuration Tower to Magic. It's a little bit more fun than the Evocation, but still has a consistant damage feel.
- Conjure Nightmare: Straight up DOT spell, deals high DPS over a low duration, quite spammable
- Added Evocation Tower to Magic. Its not much, but fills the magic race with something that deals consistant damage for the start, but hefty cost for these towers to minimize tower spam.
- Chain Lightning: Moderately spammable 3 target chain lightning. Autocast uses this very well.
- Forked Lightning: Hits 2 enemies, lowish cooldown, you'll see alot of this. Just another damage spell.
- Lightning Strike: Hits 1 enemy and stuns it. High damage, something to complement the others.
- Sorted out the plan for Magic Towers, and wrote up some TODO list stuff.
- Started work on the Magic race.
- Rogue Towers now have Quickshot, which is simply a better version of Enhanced Attack Speed, and stacks with such. They'll attack very fast.
- Rogue Towers now have Thievery. This gives Rogue Towers increased bounty when they get finishing blows and a chance to steal items from the enemy when they kill them.
- Corruption Towers have Echo: Every time an echoable ability within X range is used, theres a Y chance that the original user of the ability will execute the exact same ability at the location of the echo'ing tower.
- The distance from which the source of the echoable ability and the echoing tower dictates the delay until the spell is echoed. This is dependent on the speed of sound, a variable I can toy with.
- Echos are limited to one echo every Z seconds, which improves with level.
- Echos are limited to that of the current tower's playable area. You will not echo spells used by other players in a FFA, but you can echo spells used by other players in a team game.
- There are plans to make certain abilities of other races echoable, including spells which are not PBAOE (such as echoing a spell used on an enemy by selecting a random enemy in the vicinity of the echoing tower).
- Corruption Towers have Scream of Despair: Deals damage to and reduces armor of all nearby enemies. Echoable.
- Corruption Towers have Scream of Insanity: Deals damage to and reduces magic resistance and magic immunity of all nearby enemies. Echoable.
- Oblivion Towers have Nether Swap: Swaps the position of the itself and another tower on the map.
- Oblivion Towers have Torment: Images spawned by tower deal extra pure damage on each attack.
- Oblivion Towers have Terrify, an orb which has a chance to create an image of the Oblivion tower that inherits all its abilities and attacsk the target. Images also have terrify, resulting in recursive image creation.
- Created a 'build process' that automates the building procedure making deploying a new map very easy as well as testing code very easy.
- Added debug functionality to allow me to pick all races and specialize every race.
- Modified the version number system. Now uses Major.Minor.Sprint.BuildNumber. Every single compilation of the map now has a unique version number.
- Added some Darkness Towers.
- Unholy Towers have Unholy Aura (imagine that), decreases enemy armor and allies damage.
- Decay Towers have Rotting Flesh, a weird damage over time spell that depends on how much damage the tower takes over time.
- Dread Towers have Terror, a chance to Silence an enemy and deal bonus damage on each attack.
- Cursed Towers have Curse of the Living, a weird Damage + DPS ability that increases enemy armor.
- Cursed Towers have Elemental Backfire, a damage ability that increases enemy spell resistance but decreases their evasion.
- Cursed Towers have Malice, a damage over time ability that reduces armor.
- Cursed Towers have Physical Infusion, a debuff that significantly reduces spell resistance but increases damage reduction.
- Necro Towers have Summon Undead (Skeleton Archers), Necronomicon, and Dark Ritual. Nothing like sacrificing a summoned archer to reduce the enemy armor in a large area.
- Rogue Towers have Thievery, a chance to 'steal' an item on each attack, as well as Quick Shot, another means to greatly improve attack speed.
- Added some Light Towers.
- Virtuous Towers have Hammer of Justice (damage+stun), Test of Faith (3-target damage) and Virtue (stackable permanent damage bonus buff).
- Guardian Towers summon multiple Guardians, which have Holy Word (damage buff)
- Prayer Towers have Prayer of Might (AOE damage bonus).
- Sanctuary Towers have Deify (400% attack speed buff), Purify (damage + buff removal), Sanctify (AOE), and AOE silence.
- Blessed Towers have Divine Favor (Damage buff), Heroism (Exp bonus buff), and Consecration.
- Righteous Towers have Cleanse, AOE debuff removal.
- Devotion Towers have Heroic Aura, an experience rate gain Aura.
- Bishop Towers have Forgiviness, a simple debuff removal ability.
- Angelic Towers have Angelic Aura, 4/7/10/12% damage aura.
- Fixed Ice Rock Tower's upgrades, they are now in correct order.
- Fixed a bug with Autocast when spells dont properly trigger the end of the cast (channeled abilities), units would stop autocasting for 60 seconds.
- Fixed Chilling Glare, it now properly reduces armor.
- Fixed Blizzard, it wasn't dechanneling properly.
- Ruby Knife silence chance increased from 15% to 40%.
- Fixed Emerald Staff tooltip, it no longer states Aura Range.
- Increased Vorpal Blade damage from +120 damage to +200 damage, reduced recipe cost from 9000 to 1200.
- Changed Twin Blades from 20 damage/20% attack speed to 32 damage/5% attack speed. Stacking these items was giving too much bonus to higher level towers.
- Decreased research cost of Resource Sorting Center to 400, added requirement of having "A Builder". The 1500 cost was to prevent players from building a utility builder then a Resource Sorting Center at round 1 and being screwed.
- Increased the cooldown of all enemy creep heal spells by 3 seconds.
- Added maximum range to pathing maps (950 on some).
- Fixed issue with towers that level up and earn an autocastability ability then suddenly stop doing anything.
- Research Towers boosted from 1 damage to 10 damage, the aura bonuses and item bonuses seemed to double and triple the rate at which they gained levels, this will tone that down.
- Fixed issues with custom poison closing spellbooks that were opened (oops).
- Contemplating magic resistance with negative values.
- Added capabilities of stacking buffs including Attack speed, armor, damage, mana regen, experience, damage via percent. Others will include magic resistance, damage reduction, and evasion! You WILL see a debuff that reduces damage reduction, evasion, and magic resistance... Darkness Towers...
- Added a few Light Towers, but Light is currently still unplayable
- Alot more things stack correctly now, but at the cost of performance.
- Upgraded poison system to stackable buff system.
- Towers now have limited inventory slots.
- Fixed Archmage of Frost's sound set.
- Fixed issue with summoned units not gaining abilities when summoner levels up.
- Vixed various stacking issues with certain abilities based on Envenomed Spears, Ice should see an improvement on slowing effects.
- Frost Arrows slow increased from 8% to 14/16/19/22%.
- Increased rate of experience gain drastically.
- Reduced hit point regen of most waves from 5% to 1%.
- Removed accidental Ice Tower limit of 2.
- Nova Tower slow decreased from 15% to 8%.
- Gamma Poison slow increased from 9/11/13/15% to 17/19/22/25%.
- Poison race being created.
- Rock Towers have Rumble, a Line AOE stun effect.
- Rock Towers have Vice Grip, a significant chance to stun on each attack.
- Gamma Poison Towers and Alpha Poison towers have DOT poisons using new poison system.
- Gamma Poison Towers poison slows.
- Beta Poison Towers poison slows and stack per tower (very effective when massed).
- Alpha Poison Towers poison reduces armor.
- Quake Towers have Aftershock: A percent chance on each attack that it will do bonus damage to the area and stun all units in the area.
- Venom Towers have a unique DOT ability that deals a percent of the damage from each attack as bonus damage over some time, as well as drains mana porportional to such damage.
- Added custom "poison" system to allow for multitudes more debuff effects without having to deal with Warcarft III's limited stacking problem.
- Added Book of Skill - Rapid Fire, allows any tower without an orb effect to learn Rapid Fire (% chance to attack twice).
- Added ability to buy items that, when used, permanently add an upgradable ability to a tower. In case you are wondering, these abilities generally are designed to have superb "Growth Rates" compared to normal tower abilities, thus are much better than upgrading say... Enhanced Damage.
- Added item drops by specific units, and individual unit type drop rates.
- Reworked race selection, you can no longer queue up multiple races and specialize.
- Changed Lumber to "Research", changed icons to that of "Stones".
- Research Towers no longer require Food, and Food has been replaced with "Current Level" (current/max level).
- Cannot gift towers to players when such action would exceed the towers limit.
- Added possibilities to limit tower types, limited research towers to 10. Specializing and choosing races may alter this.
- Removed Stop, Attack, and Attack Ground from all towers. Use right click to target manually, this opens up 2-3 more slots on the towers command card.
- Added Tower Level ability back into the game, Towers now have an ability that displays more tower information (worth, experience, level) as well as shows the level ON the ability.
- Fixed issue with autocast where units lost mana just before casting.
- Fixed issue with autocast where units failed casting and stopped moving forever.
- Added levels 21 and 22, various Night Elf units...
- Druid of the Claw: Level 2 Minor Heal, Level 1 Rejuvenation
- Druid of the Talon: Level 2 Blind, Level 2 Sleep
- Dryad: Level 3 Abolish Magic
- Furion: Level 4 Minor Heal, Level 3 Healing Wave
- Priestess of the Moon: Pack Aura, Level 1 Freezing Arrows
- Demonhunter: Level 1 Blink
- Ancient of Lore: Level 3 Minor Heal, Level 1 Healing Wave
- Faerie Dragon: Level 3 Dark Shadow, Level 1 Abolish Magic
- Keeper of the Grove: Level 4 Minor Heal, Level 1 Heal Area
- Shandris: Level 3 Freezing Arrows
- Warden: Level 3 Blink
- Added Tunnel to Crystal Arachnathids (Neat looking Blink)
- Added template for blinking abilities
- Units autocast blink when roughly 20% more distance is spanned than the range of blink
- Blinking units can cross land area to jump very far along the path when playing on maps with loops or crossroads
- No locations are hardcoded for blink, units can blink from anywhere to anywhere, thanks to awesome pathing system!
- Added Level 1 Curse of the Wraith to Wraiths
- Added Level 1 Curse of the Ghost to Ghosts
- Added Level 2 Sleep to Ogre Magis
- Added Level 2 Dark Shadow to Ogre Magis
- Added Level 2 Blind to Tuskarr Sorcerers
- Added Level 1 Sleep to Tuskarr Sorcerers
- Added Level 1 Abolish Magic to Tuskarr Sorcerers
- Added Level 1 Surge to Tuskarr Sorcerers
- Added Level 1 Blind to Dark Troll Shadow Priests
- Added Level 1 Sleep to Dark Troll Shadow Priests
- Added Level 1 Surge to Centaur Sorcerers
- Added Level 1 Sleep to Centaur Sorcerers
- Added Level 2 Healing Wave to Tuskarr Healer
- Added Level 3 Minor Heal to Tuskarr Healer
- Added Level 1 Rejuvenation to Dark Troll High Priests
- Added Level 2 Healing Wave to Dark Troll High Priests
- Added Level 2 Minor Heal to Dark Troll High Priests
- Added Level 1 Rejuvenation to Razoremane Medicine Men
- Added Level 2 Minor Heal to Razormane Medicine Men
- Added Level 1 Healing Wave to Forest Troll High Priests
- Added Level 2 Minor Heal to Forest Troll High Priests
- Added Dark Shadow ability to Murgul Shadowcasters
- Map now only Partially preloads abilities, you should see a drastic increase in loading times but as you build new towers for the first time the game may stutter.
- Fixed Diamond Ring, it no longer gives 30x experience.
- Fixed issue with exclamation effect over towers with points available.
- Fixed Research Towers putting arrows on enemy models.
- Redid Charge Tower mechanics
- Supercharged Chain Lightning Towers now deal bonus damage.
- Supercharged repeater towers boost lightning strength drastically.
- Animated lightning no longer lingers around and doubles up.
- Non-spell abilities no longer multicast (e.g. triple tower sell...)
- Capacitor towers now gain 4% damage bonus per level of super charge on them and doesn't use up the charge (16% at max level). Electric Field then turns red.
- Redid Capacitor Tower mechanics
- Towers will now do small amounts of damage over time while units are in range of the electric field.
- Slower enemies take less damage.
- The field no longer extends outward beyond the Capacitors.
- Optimized pathing and enemy spawning systems.
- Fixed desync bug!
- Created something nasty that desyncs players after a few minutes of play, no idea what it could be...
- Player 8 (pink) can now play in FFA... Sorry!
- Can no longer pickup items that are from another game.
- Added Resource Sorting Center to Utility Builder.
- Sorts large areas of resources into seperate piles.
- Enemy Creeps now have a chance to drop an item on death.
- Towers drop items when sold.
- Items no longer survive through consecutive games.
- Added recipe functionality and a few recipes.
- Item bonuses completely triggered now.
- Item Damage bonuses now scale when used by multi towers and splash damage towers (They will receive a fraction of the bonus).
- Added a few items to recipe shop, and ingredients shop.
- Added Research Improved Bounty to Tech Center.
- Added Research Improved Experience to Tech Center.
- Minor Heal to Kobold Geomancer abilities.
- Added "Summon Plague Elemental" to Murlock Plaguebearer abilities.
- Added support for enemy creeps casting summon spells.
- Optimized orb effect autocasting.
- Made various orb effects "autocast" to spread debuffs.
- Added exponential backoff times to successful autocasts.
- Released first public alpha version.
- Added extremely advanced new Autocast system.
- Packed the map's default terrain into 1 Coop section and 1 FFA section.
- Dynamic Pathing tilesets now offer different buildable areas.
- Enemy Pathing start points are now more obvious.
- Fixed an issue with games restarting in the middle of a wave being spawned. (Usually happened when -giveup)
- Added effects when casting Range Check, lasts 5 seconds.
- Added support for upgrades that require more than 1 point.
- Fixed mispellings in current changelog.
- Added "Level Up" floating text above towers that level up indicating their new level.
- Added Enhanced Attack Speed Stats to builders General Stats Menu.
- Added Enhanced Damage Stats to builders General Stats Menu.
- Added Armor Coefficient Stats Info to builders General Stats Menu.
- Removed Armor Coefficients Quest Info (too much info...)
- Fixed liquid fire.
- Attack Types (eg Piercing, Siege, Normal) are no longer all redundant.
- Tower Tooltips now include attack type and range.
- Added "Advanced Towers" tech requirement to tier 2 towers and "Ultimate Towers" tech requirement to tier 3 towers, available for research at the tech center.
- A universal Utility Builder is available, atm builds only research towers.
- Builders can now build a tech center instead of research towers.
- Fixed Damage per round showing up in non-round based games.
- Setup basic level 1-20 enemy stats, varies per round.
- Fixed specialization requirements, you can no longer learn abilities that require specialization through random auto-spend points feature.
- Added a queue system for auto-spend points, you can now queue up abilities you want your towers to learn as they level.
- Auto-spend points now defaults to ON for new towers.
- Added specialization requirements to Aura of Ice and Electromagnetic Aura.
- Added a -giveup command to allow players to give up and restart.
- Added race specialization, you can specialize in a single race and gain benefits like 3rd tier towers, bonus experience, or other features.
- Added race selection limitations, you can now choose 1 additional race beyond the first (or 3 more if FFA mode).
- Reworked part of the ability system, allowing for more flexibility.
- Summoned units now change player controller when base tower is gifted.
- Initial Ice Towers all completed and functional!
- Fixed and added various tooltips to Ice race.
- Added Tundra Tower.
- Fixed various slowing effects that weren't slowing due to attack speed factor being set to 0.0
- Implemented Archmage of Frost.
- Summons 3 units, Frost Drake, Ice Elemental, and Shiva.
- Can upgrade summoned unit stats, abilities, etc.
- Added "Summon Unit" functionality.
- Increased Enhanced Damage maximum level from 10 to 15.
- Reduced Enhanced Attack Speed maximum level from 10 to 4.
- Should alleviate hybrid towers imbalances and boost buffs
- Getting bored of thinking up spell ideas.
- Added Crystallize to Ice Rock Towers.
- Added Permafrost to Ice Rock Towers.
- Added Ice Spear to Ice Rock Towers.
- Added Chilling Glare to Ice Rock Towers.
- Added Stacking Guide and outline for Armor Coefficients into quest menu.
- Added Frostbite to Blizzard Towers.
- Added Icy Grip to Blizzard Towers.
- Added Blizzard to Blizzard Towers (der?).
- Added Aura of Hail to Blizzard Towers.
- Randomly drops hail in an area, inflicting aoe damage and slowing.
- Can now view stats of game settings after pregame ends.
- Added camera adjustment abilities to builders.
- Zoom out, face north/east/south/west, change FoV and angles.
- Upgrading an ability to the maximum level no longer moves other upgrades.
- Reduced most abilities from 5 levels to 4 to increase loading times.
- Tower advancements icons match up with tower command card.
- Reworked most keyboard shortcuts to static QWER,ASDF,ZXCV.
- Stats multiboard now properly displays player gold/research.
- Shared Research towers now generate research to all players.
- Selling shared towers distributes gold to all players.
- Added compensation for players who leave.
- Gold and Research is distributed to allied players in Coop.
- Player towers are granted to Shared Player.
- Completion bonus gold increases.
- Can no longer give towers to players who left.
- Can no longer view stats of players who left.